This story now
IN Animals ON 12 Oct, 2015
A man noticed something wrong with a stray pup in Gambia, and in no time took her to a vet. And thankfully, they treated the pup well and sent her to a loving home.
Make sure your pet is healthy and free from all sort of parasites.
Most of the dogs in the Gambia region are infected with mangoworms, which stay burrowed in the skin of dogs.
The area where the worm had burrowed is left as a hole. Fortunately she has no infections and is thus safe. Also, the holes aren't painful and will get filled within a week.
So the vet sedated her as further extraction would be much more painful. All the worms were taken out in some time and she was given proper antibiotics. Luckily she was a healthy pup who went through all the pain.
Dr. Michael Meyer, from Berlin, realized there were no facilities to look after stray dogs and other animals in Gambia, and set up a veterinary clinic in 2009.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.