C ampfires in forests are fun, especially when you are with family and friends. However, the most irritating problem of a campfire is the high number of insects. We do have insect repellant lotions and sprays to tackle that problem. But, is it really safe to use these products Mark Machesky from Ohio just learned that the hard way.
Often he collects the dead wood and makes a campfire for his family. During one such campfire, due to increased number of mosquitoes, he sprayed his leg with repellent.
Being inflammable, the repellent is susceptible to the risk of catching fire. And though such is a rare occurrence, Mark's leg caught fire after getting too close to the fire.
And are thus highly inflammable. It's even marked on the labels. But what we fail to see is after a certain period of application time, these oils and alcohol vaporize, and thus create a hazardous situation.
He was rushed to the hospital and it took him months of treatment to heal. During the whole process, he had to endure a lot of pain.
In the end, there is a life lesson for all of us. Whatever the case, prevention is always better than cure.