This story now
IN Weird ON 22 Sep, 2015
Doctors are surprised to see 5 ft long hairball in teen's stomach, this girl was addicted to eating her own hair. Earlier, the doctors thought this girl won't survive but they were able to remove this hairball.
You will be surprised to know that this girl was so much addicted to hair eating that she even ate hairs of her classmates. According to doctors, Kavita has a Rapunzel Syndrome or technically, Trichophagia associated with Trichotillomania.
Her addiction was severe that she also eats other people's hair strands if she found them lying around. She even plucked the hair of her classmates and eat it. This practice meant that she lost her interest in eating food and would vomit each time she was force fed.
Her parents took her to doctors when her stomach started to look abnormal. She was given medicines to stop the pain and swelling.
He said "Kavita had come to us with complaints of extreme pain in the stomach. She was in a very serious condition. She was malnourished and very weak. She was barely able to stand on her own. Her parents told us about her habit of eating hair. We did endoscopy on her that revealed she had hairball inside her stomach. We diagnosed her with Trichotillomania. Her condition was so bad that I had told her parents she might not make it through the surgery. But after her parents consent, we took her for operation that lasted more than two hours. I didn't expect the hairball to be this big. After I removed it from her stomach we were shocked. I measured it and it turned out to be five feet long. I had never seen such a case before."
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.