Not approved by
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind In One Eye After Family Friend Forgot To Turn Off Camera Flash While Taking A Close Up
The story that we're reporting here is an extremely depressing one. After the family friend forgot to turn off the flash while taking a close up photo of the baby, the baby was left blind in one eye. The strong flash proved fatal for the baby. This should serve as a lesson for all as to how delicate a new-born is and can be.
A family friend forgot to switch off the flash while taking a photo of the three-month-old baby, who has not even been named yet. And this resulted in his blinding in one eye.
Doctors say that the baby has suffered from reduced vision in the left eye and blinding in the right eye. And the worst part is that it cannot even be treated with surgery.
The strong flash has damaged the cells on the Macula, which is the part of the eye where light is focused.
Damage to it can cause damage to the central vision that allows to see straight.
Experts say that the Macula does not develop fully till the age of four, and strong light can be fatal.
Although babies close their eyes in reflex when they are exposed to strong light, even milliseconds of light is enough to cause critical damage.
It is still not clear if the family friend will face any legal action.
Loved this? Spread it out then