This story now
IN Weird ON 27 Aug, 2015
Alex Gomez, the 36-year-old man who is the father of three children lives in Southern California. He was bitten up by a rattlesnake on Monday, when he was trying to take a selfie by wrapping the snake around the neck. The 4-foot rattler bit the guy's arm in Lake Elsinore, California.
His mother told KCBS on Tuesday, that her son might lose the arm as the reptile bit him so extremely. Alex Gomez's hand got swollen after the bite and he was taken to local hospital and is being treated there with anti-venom.
Hopefully, he will get well soon and many people may learn a lesson not to mess with the creatures of the Earth for stupid fun.
After he tried to take a selfie with the 4-foot rattlesnake, he has been hospitalized.
His mother told station, 'I'm shocked that he would have that thing around his neck. It could've bit his neck, and that would have been it. That's just being a fool.'
When he was trying to take selfie with the snake around his neck, the rattler struck his hand. These pictures are shared by his mother showing how he was handling the snake.
She is upset with her son and shared the story to embarrass her son and teach him a lesson for bothering the snakes.
Due to drought and extreme summer heat, this is the peak rattlesnake season in California.
Rattlesnakes are found in California, whose bites can be fatal. From April to October the snake bites around 800 times in California in comparison to rest of the year.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.