This story now
Not approved by
20 Super Easy Google Tricks To Change The Way You Search!
Sometimes searching something on Google becomes a herculean job. You can not blame google for it, afterall it stores hell lot of stuff. But obviously, you too don't have the time and energy to go through all of it.
Here are a few tricks which will make your search easier.
Try them first, you can thank us later!
Google swears to tell everything!
1. To only get results from a specific website, preface your search with 'name-of-the-site-here.com' then leave a space and put what you are searching for
2. Use asterix as place holders if you are searching for a phrase and can't remember a few words
3. Exclude terms by placing a hyphen directly in front of them
4. If you want to search a GIF, click on 'search tools' while you are in the google image search. Select 'Type' and choose 'Animated'
5. Searching for a price? Use two periods to set a range.
6. Replace 'site' with 'related' to search for related sites.
7. Type 'tip' followed by amount of the bill to calculate the tip quickly
8. One of the recent feature that Google offers is specific information about health conditions. Type bronchitis and you get all the relevant information about it.
9. By typing OR you can look for pages that might use one of the several words you are looking for
10. info:URL of the website will print out everything google knows about that site
11. Converts units or currencies by using the 'in' keyword
12. Put customer service before the business name to pull up all the relevant information you need to know
13. Add origin after a word to know about its etymology
14. Use the keyword filetype and restrict your search to specific type of file
15. Turn on safe search and safe guard your kids search
16. To find something around you just type what are you looking for and add the keyword 'near me'
17. Drag an image file in the Google image search bar, google will search for that image on web
18. To define any word, preface it with the word define itself
19. Type attractions followed by the place you are if you want to figure out the famous spots of that place
20. Google will search for the exact phrase if you place quotations around it
Loved this? Spread it out then