This story now
IN People ON 26 Aug, 2015
A terrible tragic story of a Maryland family leaves everyone in despair.
36-year-old single father Rodney Todd and his seven kids were killed by the accidental carbon monoxide poisoning inside their own home. The toxic gas emitted from their generator left the entire family dead during their sleep. Todd had five daughters and two sons (aged 6 to 16) who were living together in their one-story home.
Rodney was a utility worker with limited earning, but he was devoted to his kids and was fulfilling their every need and desire. Due to the unpaid bill, power had been cut in their home, and Todd had brought the generator to keep his kids warm. His near ones told if they knew about the power cut due to the unpaid bill, they would have helped him. Todd didn't let anyone knew about the problem, he was a man who would hide his struggles for anyone to know.
According to the data of The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accidental exposure to carbon monoxide caused 430 deaths in average annually between 1999 and 2010 in the country.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.