This story now
Not approved by
17 Words For Emotions You Cannot Explain
There are some feelings which no matter how frantically we try, we cannot explain. The urban dialect is however enriched with words that explain these unexplainable feelings and here are 17 of those words that will tell you what to say when you feel any of these feelings.
1. Ruckkehrunruhe: The feeling of returning home after an immersive trip only to find it fading rapidly from your heart.
2. Opia: The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can simultaneously feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable.
3. Monachopsis: The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.
4. Sonder : The realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own.
5. Enouement : The bitter-sweetness of having arrived in future, seeing how things turn out, but not being able to tell your past self.
6. Vellichor : The strange wistfulness of used bookshops.
7. Rubatosis : The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat.
8. Kenopsia : The eerie, forlorn atmosphere of a place that is usually bustling with people but is now abandoned and quiet.
9. Mauerbauertraurigkeit : The inexplicable urge to push people away, even close friends you really like
Ellipsism : A sadness that you'll never be able to know how history will turn out.
Chysalism : The amniotic tranquility of being indoors during a thunderstorm.
12. Jouska : A hypothetical conversation that you compulsively play out in your head.
13. Kuebiko: A state of exhaustion inspired by acts of senseless violence.
14. Lachesism: The desire to be struck by a disaster - to survive a plane crash or lose everything in a fire.
15. Exulansis : Tendency to give up talking about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.
16. Liberosis : The desire to care less about things.
17. Occhiolism : The awareness of how small your perspective is.
Loved this? Spread it out then