200 Kids Hospitalised! This Happened In Delhi And No One Knows Why

The leak is now under investigation!

200 Kids Hospitalised! This Happened In Delhi And No One Knows Why
SPONSORED

On a fine morning when students were in school, India's Capital goes through this tragic incident. There's a gas depot in Delhi at Tughlaqabad and a gas leak took place there itself. According to TOI, the police received a call at around 07:35 A.M. in the morning of May 6, 2017, suggesting a leak at the gas depot. 

Initially, school girls were heard complaining about irritation in their eyes and throat which raised the concerns. The depot is situated near Rani Jhansi School, a girls school run by the government. After the concerned authorities were made aware of the situation, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and CATS ambulances rushed to the spot where the leak took place. A massive police force was also in action helping the sufferers to reach to the hospitals, over 200 students were taken to 3 hospitals. The reason behind the leak is yet to be figured out by the officials. 

DCP of Southeast Delhi

DCP of Southeast Delhi

As per the sources of TOI, Romil Baaniya, DCP said, "Some chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot has caused eye irritation to the girl students in Rani Jhansi school."

RELATED STORIES

Situation normalised now!

"A number of girl students, who had complained of irritation in their eyes due to gas leakage, have been admitted to three different hospitals. I spoke to doctors who told me that they are normal" - deputy chief minister, Manish Sisodia.

Under investigation

Under investigation
via

District magistrate and SDM were also ordered to launch an investigation into why the leak took place by Manish Sisodia.

Subscribe