This story now
Not approved by
15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Russia Which Will Leave You Stunned!
Russia. What do you know about it? That it is one of the world's greatest superpowers? That the coldest inhabited place in the world is in this country? What all do you know about it? Well, you might know a lot, but there's always more that you can learn. And so here we bring to you some of the most fun facts about the one and only, Russia!
Russia has always amazed us!
1. Russia's pipelines could loop around the Earth over six times!
2. Russia's surface area is larger than that of an entire planet's - Pluto!
3. Each Russian consumes 18 liters of alcohol per year, doubling what experts consider dangerous. Yikes!!
4. Russia accounts for half of the world's pile of Highly Enriched Uranium. Talk about nuclear weapons and stuff!
5. Russia's population has fallen by 6.6 million since 1993. That's a deep fall, huh?
6. Russia and America are less than 4 km apart at the nearest point. Not much of a distance, is it?
7. Stalin didn't start learning Russian until he was 8. His mother tongue was Georgian.
8. The oldest plant ever to be regenerated has been grown in Russia from 32,000-year-old seeds.
9. Japan and Russia still haven't signed a peace treaty to end World War II due to the Kuril Islands dispute.
10. Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013. Major Wow!
11. Foxes are domesticated like dogs by Russian scientists since 1959. So, movies are correct after all!
13. There's a museum in Russia that hires cats to protect its artworks against rodents. 'Hires'!
re's a museum in Russia that hires cats to protect its artworks against rodents. 'Hires'!
14. The word "vodka" comes from the Russian word 'voda' that means 'water'. That is kind of ironical!
15. It's a criminal offence to drive around in a dirty car. Now that's a good law I'd say!
Loved this? Spread it out then