This Woman Suffered Allergic Reaction And What Her Manager Did Next Will Shock You

If this is the result, then I'd pray no one faces it!

This Woman Suffered Allergic Reaction And What Her Manager Did Next Will Shock You
SPONSORED

Imagine you're at your workplace and you suddenly have a severe allergic reaction that almost kills you. And in the middle of all this, you get a text from your manager saying you're 'fired'. 

Well, this is exactly what happened to 18-year-old Danielle Duperreault. While she was at work, she accidentally ate a bell pepper that caused her a violent, severe allergic reaction and she went into an anaphylactic shock. 

She asked her manager for help, but her manager showed absolutely no sign of concern and ignored her. What's even more disturbing and shocking is that her manager had the audacity to send her a message while she lay in the ambulance, stating that she had given her shifts away and wouldn't be scheduling her anymore, she also added that they would be mailing her the last paystub. 

The poor woman had been fired!. But on what grounds?

Let's find out!

The woman who suffered the allergic reaction.

The woman who suffered the allergic reaction.

Danielle Duperreault, who was working at the Urban Planet in Saskatoon, Canada, suddenly got a severe allergic reaction when she accidentally ate a bell pepper. The lady went into an anaphylactic shock.

RELATED STORIES

Her manager didn't come in front at all to help her.

Her manager didn't come in front at all to help her.
via

When she began to experience serious symptoms, she desperately asked for help, her throat was closing up, but nobody in the office came in front to help her.

The arrogant manager did not responded well.

The arrogant manager did not responded well.
via

Her manager did not show any sign of concern or maturity at the time of the incident, and continued to show a lot of attitude and arrogance of position.

Later, it was revealed that she is an allergic to pepper.

Later, it was revealed that she is an allergic to pepper.
via

Duperreault, who has an anaphylactic allergy to peppers, including all bell peppers and hot peppers. She is also allergic to the touch and smell of mangoes.

She couldn't find her 'Epipen'

She couldn't find her 'Epipen'
via

She tried to find her EpiPen, but it wasn't in her handbag. Her manager told her to look for it in her car and didn't call 911.

Co-worker helped her out!

Co-worker helped her out!
via

While she was vomiting and struggling to breathe, Duperreault's co-worker saw what was going on and immediately took her to a medical clinic, where she got a shot of epinephrine. The ambulance then took her to a hospital.

But, what her manager did next will amaze you!

But, what her manager did next will amaze you!
via

While she was lying in the ambulance, her manager showed absolutely no decency or concern, when she sent her this text, letting her know that she had been fired.

Wait, it didn't stop here.

Wait, it didn't stop here.
via

Because what's even more shocking is that her co-worker who helped her were fired as well.

Look at her Facebook post.

Look at her Facebook post.
via

"The doctors said if I had waited another ten minutes I would have died."

Plea raising awareness.

Plea raising awareness.
via

Deperreault ended her Facebook post with a plea to raise awareness about allergic reactions.

Looking at that, the CEO of the company apologised on behalf of what has happened.

Looking at that, the CEO of the company apologised on behalf of what has happened.
via

Duperreault later said the parent company for Urban Planet, Y.M. Inc., contacted her and she spoke to the CEO who personally apologised for how the situation was handled. 


She also added that Y.M. Inc., has agreed to pay her until she finds another job, but they didn't say much about the way the manager acted. "That's more than I could've asked for," she said.

In the end, company accepted their mistake.

In the end, company accepted their mistake.
via

Urban Planet posted a statement on Facebook that read: "We have thoroughly investigated this. Simply put, the actions were unacceptable."

'Safety of our employees comes first'.

'Safety of our employees comes first'.

"While we have a duty to respect confidentiality in Human Resource matters, we can state the following: Our CEO apologised to the employee personally, as will the manager. We are also moving quickly to ensure all of our store management clearly understands our expectations in a situation like this. That direction is simple: the safety of our employees comes first," came a statement from the company.

However, the manager has still not apologised.

However, the manager has still not apologised.
via

That's all, folks!

Do you think posting on the Facebook worked wonders for this girl?