Not approved by
15 Most Fascinating Facts About Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. He served the nation during U.S. civil war and fought for various anti-social acts. His legendary thoughts and entire life set an ideal example for all of us.
We are going to present some intriguing facts about Abraham Lincoln which were probably there in those unseen pages. Let's have a glimpse on it and get inspired by his life.
For more stories on
history, follow us on Twitter @Wittyfeed.
1. Abraham Lincoln was the first American president with a beard.
2. An eleven year old girl convinced him to grow his beard.
3. Lincoln never carried a knife with him because he was afraid of using it on himself.
4. He had been an authorized bartender.
5. Lincoln suffered from depression for a part of of his life.
6. Abraham Lincoln was the first in U.S. to concern about the women's right to vote.
7. There was a secret message inscribed in his pocket watch by a jeweler and it was not discovered till 2009.
The message was revealed by the watchmaker while repairing it in 2009 and that was, "The first gun is fired. Slavery is dead. Thank God we have a President who at least will try."
8. Lincoln's shoe size was incredibly large enough. It was between 12 to 14 inches.
9. He was one of the finest professional wrestlers of his days. He had lost only once in all 300 matches.
10. Abraham Lincoln was the first president to use telegraph, he used it like emails to communicate with generals.
11. Lincoln kept the important documents inside his hat.
His favorite book inside the hat.
12. The famous actor John Wilkes Booth entered the presidential box and shot Abraham Lincoln in 1865.
13. Lincoln himself was the huge fan of his assassin John Wilkes.
14. He dreamed of his assassination one day before it happened.
15. Thirty-six years after President Lincoln's death, 23 people viewed his body due to the rumors that his remains no longer lay in the coffin.
Feel free to share these amazing stuff with your friends.
Loved this? Spread it out then