This story now
Not approved by
16 Legendary Facts About Israel Every American Must Know!
The history of the birth of the nation of Israel is very fascinating. It emerged as a strong nation thereafter and has maintained remarkable relationships with super powers of the world especially the United States of America.
In terms of development, Israel has grown with the third highest rate of entrepreneurship.
Here are some of the amazing facts about Israel that will blow your mind.
Feel free to follow us on
Twitter, for many more interesting stories like this.
1. 1,000 letters arrive every year addressed to God at Jerusalem, Israel.
2. Robert F. Kennedy was shot by a Palestinian just because he supported Israel.
3. Israel can be covered from west to the east in 2 hours and top to bottom in 9 days.
4. Israel banned skinny models in support of fight against anorexia.
5. Albert Einstein was offered the Presidency of Israel.
But, he declined the offer politely.
6. The bank notes in Israel have braille on them for a blind person to recognize them.
7. On entering the 21st century, Israel is one of the countries that demonstrated a net gain in number of plantations.
8. One of the smallest subway systems in the world is located in Israel.
Haifa Carmelit transport system has a track of merely 1.8 km.
9. With one in 20 thousand, the number of grandmasters per capita is maximum in the world at Beersheba in southern Israel.
10. Israel ranks third in consuming the amount of vegetables and sweets in the world.
11. With 1,315 feet below sea level at its lowest point, Dead Sea has the lowest point on earth.
12. Jellyfish repellent lotion was invented by a company in Israel.
13. Beautiful Hoopoe was elected Israel's national bird after thousands of Israelis voted for it.
14. The opening scene of the movie The Insider was shot in Israel.
15. Israel's Moshav Ein Yahav had grown the world's largest green pepper as reported by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2013.
16. El Al airline holds the Guinness record for the maximum number of passengers in a flight.
Loved this? Spread it out then