A Russian Photographer, Andrey Mikhailov depicted his photography skills on Instagram(@andrei_mikhailov) in a beautiful way.
You can witness some of his awe-inspiring work below.
In early 1905, the Belgian merchant 'S. Esders' and Dutch citizen 'N. Sheyfals' received permission to build a five-storey building with a loft on the site of the 'House Number 15' on Gorokhovaya street. The New Trading House originally had two names: "The Red Bridge" and the second "Esders and Shefals". It traded clothing, footwear, dry goods and other products, in the same working workshops on sewing dresses. #landscape #city #snow
It would be wrong to assume that the main facts in the history of the Ligovsky Prospect are bandit raids and police raids. In contrast to the aristocratic, Nevsky Ligovka was the area wherein the craftsmen were settled: Yamskaya, Blacksmith, Candle, which gave the names of the alleys, now adjacent to the prospectus. In 1908, the Avenue was the city's first electric tram.
At the foot of the columns are two male and two female figures which, according to a common hypothesis, allegorically represent the great rivers of Russia: the North Tower - the Volga and the Dnieper and in the South, - Neva and Volkhov. However, this hypothesis has arisen recently and has no justification.
The Street in the central area of St. Petersburg, leads from the Alexandrinsky Theater to the University area and consists of five buildings. It is built on a single project with a single façade, so it seems that it is a single building on each side of the street.
The building is decorated with huge windows, a courtyard crowned vault atrium. It was not the only innovation of the company. "Singer" one of the first, began selling sewing machines on credit. In St. Petersburg, there was even a saying, "From" Singer "run", which meant that buy goods on credit and then evade payment.
It extends from the Moika embankment to Haymarket Square. On the 20th of August 1739, the name Little Sarskaya Street was given due to the fact that the street was at the beginning of the road in Tsarskoye Selo.
Thrown from the Old Hermitage to the Hermitage Theater, it organically complements the stone bridge of the Neva Embankment. This place had a strange charm of its own.
Countess Golovin in stories, recorded and published by Prince P. A. Vyazemsky, recalls that she had experienced many happy moments during her walks along the Winter Canal.
The Palace Square is the main area of Petersburg formed significantly for city landmarks like the Winter Palace main headquarters, Guards housing and Alexander Column. The idea was to create a central area owned by the famous architect BF Rastrelli, who designed the Winter and proposed a draft version of the project throughout the Palace.
The architect of Isaac was 'Auguste Montferrand.' The construction lasted 40 years. Legend has it that someone guessed Montferrand's death after the cathedral was erected, so he did not hurry to finish the process.
The 310th anniversary of the founding of St. Petersburg was celebrated on the 26th May 2013, at the square, which featured the St. Isaac's Square in the Guinness Book of Records.
It is the grand staircase in the north-eastern part of the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg. In the XVIII century, staircases were called Ambassadors.