The unthinkable and unacceptable is happening in nursing homes across America. The poor seniors are being RAPED. Yes, raped in nursing homes! It is a shame that a place that is expected to care and nurse for the elderly is the place they are tortured, both sexually and mentally.
An investigative account of the shocking details of rape and sexual abuse in nursing homes across America is provided in a report here.
The report includes the heart-wrenching story about an 83-year-old woman, Sonja Fischer, who fled war-hit Indonesia in her early days but ended up getting raped in a nursing home at the most vulnerable time of her life.
1. More than 1,000 nursing homes were responsible for mishandling cases of rape, sexual assault, and abuse at their facilities in the past three years.
2. Around 100 of these facilities had been cited multiple times.
3. In a quarter of those, the perpetrators were aids, nurses, or other staff members.
This is what her daughter had to say, "At 83 years of age, unable to speak, unable to fight back, she was even more vulnerable than she was as a little girl fleeing her homeland. In fact, she was as vulnerable as an infant when she was raped. The dignity which she always displayed during her life, which was already being assaulted so unrelentingly by Alzheimer's disease, was dealt a final devastating blow by this man. The horrific irony is not lost on me... that the very thing she feared most as a young girl fleeing her homeland happened to her in the final, most vulnerable days of her life."
No one would ever imagine that they might have to face a day when their 83-year-old mom would be raped. The anger of Fisher's daughter was evident when she said, "You prepare for a phone call that your mom has passed. You don't prepare for a phone call that your mom has been RAPED."
At Walker Methodist Health Center in Minneapolis, a worker saw George Kpingbah (nursing assistant) in Fischer's room at 4:30 AM on 14th December 2014. She saw a bare leg on each side of Kpingbah's hips, and Fischer's adult diaper laying open on the bed. When she noticed the 76-year-old nursing aide thrusting back and forth, she said she knew a sexual assault was occurring.
George Kpingbah (far right), was pleaded guilty to a third-degree criminal sexual conduct with a helpless victim and was sentenced to eight years in prison. Also, the judge said that he had done more than ravaging the lives of his victim and her family. He had betrayed the public trust granted to caregivers who have such intimate access to the sick and elderly.
1. A worker urinated in a shower while a female resident was inside it; then showing her his erect penis, kissing her and warning her not to tell anyone.
2. A woman was found gagging and trying to fight a male resident who had put his genitals in her mouth.
3. Family members saw a video footage of an aide raping their loved one repeatedly while she was on feeding tubes.
Read the full report (including video) here.