Not approved by
18 Amazing Facts About Titanic You Never Knew
We have all been amazed by the huge Titanic and with all those stories associated with it. The movie Titanic, starring Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet in the lead was only centered towards the love between them apart from the sinking scenes. But, there are lot more associated to it then you might know. Facts like it took approximately 3 hours for Titanic to sink, and many similar things are still unknown to the masses. Here's your thing to go OMG about Titanic.
1. The Musicians of the Titanic kept playing music for hours as the ship sank
2. The budget for the Movie "Titanic" was higher than the Titanic itself.
3. The Titanic's chief baker "fortified" himself with alcohol and thus survived the freezing water for 2 hours until he was rescued.
4. Most lifeboats launched off the Titanic were not filled to capacity.
5. The Titanic could have been saved if it wasn't for a 30-second delay in giving the order to change course after spotting the iceberg.
6. After hitting the iceberg, it took the Titanic 2 hours and 40 minutes to sink.
7. Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey canceled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
8. The Titanic is the only ocean liner to ever be sunk by an iceberg.
9. Four forward compartments could flood without risk of the Titanic sinking. Six did.
10. The Japanese who survived the Titanic crash was called a coward in his country for not dying with the other passengers.
11. The most expensive First Class suites in the Titanic were to have cost up to £870 (£75,156 today).
12. Unfortunately, nearly a dozen couples were celebrating their honeymoon on the Titanic.
13. 53% of the people on the Titanic could have survived using the lifeboats. Only 31% did.
14. The iceberg that sank the Titanic began its journey somewhere around 1000 BCE.
15. Kate Winslet, who played in the movie "Titanic," hated the song "My Heart Will Go On", and said it makes her feel "like throwing up."
16. It took 73 years to find the wreckage of the Titanic.
18. 3 dogs survived the Titanic sinking out of 12 canines on board.
18. Ships today are more likely to encounter an iceberg than the Titanic was.
Loved this? Spread it out then