Know 8 Disgusting Things Our Body Produces Which Are Necessary For Survival

They are distasteful.

Know 8 Disgusting Things Our Body Produces Which Are Necessary For Survival
SPONSORED

Some bodily secretions appear nauseating but they occur for a purpose. They help to save humans from several fatal dangers. 

Read on to know their importance.

Also read: What acnes really mean on your body

1.Vomit:

Vomit

Vomiting, however unpleasant, has saved many people from effects of poison and food-borne diseases. The other side to it is that it can cause dehydration.

Visit a doctor if vomit doesn't stop. 

RELATED STORIES

2.Mucus:

Mucus
via

Mucus lubricates your airways to help you breathe properly, and also protects your gastrointestinal tract so that you can digest food. It also traps bacteria, dust, pollen, and stop them from entering lungs. It has antibodies to kill bacteria and viruses that would otherwise make you sick.

Bacteria:

Bacteria:
via

Not many know that only 15% of the bacteria in our bodies cause illness. Remaining 85% helps us to survive and don't harm us.

Good bacteria helps in digestion of food, boosts immune system, converts vitamins that are essential for our survival, and keeps vagina free of infection.

Smegma:

Smegma:
via

Smegma is a naturally-occurring lubricant that comprises dead skin and oils. In women, it occurs in the folds of the labia. In men, it occurs in the inner cavity of the foreskin. It protects skin against infections when cleaned regularly. They can turn harmful when left to build-up.

Water blister:

Water blister
via

Water blisters, which are painful and look nasty, actually protect deeper layers of your skin from oncoming infection. They also get re-absorbed into the body when their work is done.

However, the bigger and long-lasting ones will need medical attention. 

Sweat:

Sweat:
via

Surprisingly, sweat doesn't stink by itself! It starts to smell only when it mixes with the bacteria on our body. Sweat is actually a way through which body cools down and regulates body temperature.

Too much deodorant blocks sweat glands, which is unhealthy.

Pus:

Pus:
via

Pus appears nauseating but it helps you. It is made of white blood cells that gather in an area to fight infection. It is a sign, which says that the wound is infected and your body is batting with infection. 

Earwax:

Earwax:
via

Did you know that ear canal is the only cavity that can clean itself? The only thing you're doing when you push in a Q-tip to clean it is trapping the wax inside which is harmful to your ear.

Also read: Weird & disgusting things found in human body

Are you convinced of their importance?