This story now
IN Celebrities ON 27 Nov, 2016
Dear Prime Minister,
First of all, congratulations and kudos for taking such a strong stand towards corruption and giving India the hope of becoming a much stronger nation.
Been almost 2 weeks of your decision and I personally have felt that the move to ban high denomination currency notes is a super step to control black and fake currency. By and large, I know that the fake notes are used for anti-national and illegal activities. High denomination notes have been misused by terrorists and for hoarding black money. Also, there are many instances where I have seen people accumulating bundles of cash the source of which is illegal and unauthentic and thus I am with all those who are supporting this move and have very HIGH hope from your side.
I left my hefty paying job and Started Up 5 years back but have always felt that there should be a single window for startups and entrepreneurs like how you have for Corporates but as always have seen people taking bribes and under the table money to process many request quickly which can help us also to grow better and much faster. However, this letter is not to talk about all those Negative things and wrong doings of people as somewhat I feel that I am also a part of the same system and have somewhere helped it ignite.
But honestly, I am very hopeful for future and have full faith in this Step and attempt of yours to make our Nation and system pretty transparent and supportive to grow and become developed economy. There have been many instances where I felt that this country is not gonna become Singapore or Australia or US may be in-terms of lifestyle or education or manufacturing but with your Vision and step-by-step execution I personally feel that it's leading that way now.
I am delighted to have you as the PM of our nation who is not thinking of self unlike other PMs who have either build castles or wealth for their own family members or friends. Thanks for giving us a chance to see India shining everywhere and building the nation to prosper by showing us this confidence, we are 100% with you and want to support you in all possible manner, BUT I feel sad when:
1. After 8th of Nov, 8:00 PM I am seeing many individuals finding ways and possibilities of exchanging their illegal cash by various means for 10, 20 or 30% less and you have no direct control on them even after having full control and authority.
2. Even after so much secrecy and confidentiality I see many loopholes in the system.
3. I see many banks supporting these goons by giving them bundles of 2000/- rupee note which is absolutely not possible for anybody.
4. People are using black money still for marriages and parties and you have nothing to say or do as they are from your party.
5. I see politicians who have loads of cash are using their followers to deposit/exchange cash and converting it into black money again without any hassle.
6. I see those people, who I know have loads of illegal source of making money, roam fearlessly and laughing at the step as they are sure that it will all go back to square one and they would bring back the cash they have converted already without any problem.
And that's where Dear PM, I feel very bad and afraid of this system which can certainly get better but requires very strong steps. I know you are from a Party that has many individuals who are part of the same system and also I know that there is very strong pressure on you to either step back or do some provision for them. But be assured Honorable PM that this would certainly get worse and we really need Individual like you who have helped us the dream of a "Better India" to not to step back in any manner and deliver what is expected from you.
We are in full support of your movement and want you to stand still for any irregularity and we shall favor you. Please understand that we have very high hopes and want you just to continue the way you are doing and not betray us. We are not negative but are afraid of false hopes and promises that we have been getting from various so-called leaders. I see many people still blaming you for having relations with these money launderers but still relying on your words and hopes that you have given to us!
A hopeful individual, your follower, a son, a brother, a father and an entrepreneur!
Mayur Sethi, Indore. M.P.
P.S. Hope you all agree to the fact that we have got this only ONE LAST chance to get our India to aspire for better future and you are with me in this!
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.