Television channel NDTV India had been ordered to go off the air by an inter-ministerial committee. The order came out on Thursday by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting as it said that the television news channel has violated the broadcast norms while reporting the Pathankot terror attack on January 2, earlier this year.
Recommended for you: Arnab Goswami Quits Times Now For A Shocking Reason
"Such crucial information could have been readily picked by terrorist handlers and had the potential to cause massive harm not only to the national security but also to lives of civilians and defence personnel."
Which was about the details of the ammunition stockpiled at the airbase, an arms cache, of MIGs and fighter-planes, and fuel-tanks that the terrorists could attack.
Saying that it was a case of "subjective interpretation" and most of the information they had let out was already available in the public domain through print, electronic and social media.
However, the committee said: "The channel appeared to give out the exact location of the remaining terrorists with regard to the sensitive assets in their vicinity."
Similar cases have occurred before where about 28 instances of violation have taken place and the channels were asked to go off air.
The orders of ban have been put on hold because the channel says that they did not let out any sensitive details. Also, the channel wasn't given a fair chance to offer evidence in their support.
In which, they are saying that it would send a "dangerous signal" to the entire press.