Don’t ever eat ghost peppers!
Have you ever tried ghost peppers or puree made of them? Those who did must know about the experience of having the world's hottest chilies and the resulting outcomes but to those who did not, I would simply say 'It's good that you did not.' You will soon be reading out the reason behind what I stated.
Well, ghost peppers are known as one of the world's hottest chilies. Recently, a bizarre incident took place and an American boy who attempted to intake this super spicy pepper tore a hole in his esophagus.
Hence, if you are planning to have some ghost pepper then maybe you should think over twice.
Ghost peppers, also known as Bhut Jolokia peppers and Naga-Bih Jolokia peppers have a resolute heat of more than 1,000,000 Scoville heat units (SHU) – more than twice the energy of a habanero pepper. Well, now its effect has been surpassed by Carolina Reaper pepper.
The 47-year-old man participated in an eating competition and had a hamburger topped with ghost pepper puree. And the outcome was far away from a win.
He began to vomit and complained of the abdominal pain. And shortly afterward he was admitted to the hospital.
The situation got so worse that the excessive vomiting caused a tear in his esophagus. The hole measured about 2.5 centimeters.
The rupturing of the esophagus caused by excessive vomiting and retching is a very rare condition and is called Boerhaave syndrome.It even carries high mortality rate
The man underwent surgery and thankfully, the chili eater was saved by the doctors. But unfortunately,he spent 23 days in the hospital.
Ghost peppers are super hot that their single seed can cause severe burning in the mouth and can cause bodily harm.
This is often consumed for curing stomach troubles and paradoxically as a method to beat the crippling summer heat.
On that note let us know can you handle the heat?