This story now
IN Animals ON 06 Oct, 2016
Snakes are one of the most dangerous predators in the world and it can be quite an ugly sight when you witness a snake attack. But you know what's worse? It's when a snake cannot digest the food that it chooses. Yes, even snakes have digestion problems and sometimes the repercussions aren't a pleasant sight.
Take a look at these snakes who suffered severe indigestion.
Just in case you are scared, we've sort of warned you already.
A rat eating python fought with another python but between the fight, it decided that it would be better to just eat the other snake instead.
Such a cannibalistic this one!
In June 2014, a four metre African rock python was found dead under a rocky ledge at Lake Eland Game reserve in South Africa, after it swallowed a 30lb porcupine that punctured the insides of the snake with its quills.
In this picture, you can see the quills that the porcupine released as a defence that puntured the snake's digestive system.
Ouch. That must have been painful for the both of them.
A young 4.2 gram mass viper tried to eat a 4.8 gram mass centipede alive which tried to cut its way out through the snake's body. Scientists say that the centipede had damaged almost all the internal organs of the snake. The young viper managed to swallow a centipede that was heavier than its own body.
This happened in 2013 on the island of Golem Grad in Macedonia which is also known as the "Snake Island".
An 18-year-old, 12-foot long pet Burmese Python named Houdini swallowed an electric blanket along with his dinner. The pet snake's owner said that he kept an electric blanket in Houdini's cage to keep him warm because pythons can't generate their own body heat.
The vets said it would have had taken 6 hours for the 12ft long snake to swallow an 8ft and 60 pound electric blanket! If there wouldn't have been an emergency surgery, Houdini would have lost his life.
Neil McDougall, a resident in Julatten, found a dead 4.5m python on his property. The fat belly of the python showed that it had eaten something large. An expert told Neil that the snake must have died due to a piercing of an internal organ.
A four metre Burmese Python exploded when it almost swallowed a two metre alligator in Florida.
This happened in October 2005, when the headless python with a protruding alligator from its midsection was found by wildlife researchers along with South Florida Natural Resources Centre.
On October 27, 2011, a 16-foot long python was captured and killed by the South Florida Water Management District. It was one of the largest ever reptile found in South Florida who had swallowed a whole adult deer.
This shows how dangerous these snakes are, they can eat huge things!
How ruthless is the wild world?!
An 18-foot long python binged on a pregnant ewe, but it was too full to even move an inch, so it regurgitated it.
This incident took place in September 2006 in the Malaysian village of Kampung Jabor where the firefighters were called to remove the bloated python from the roadway.
This picture right here shows a python who apparently swallowed someone's pet cat. A PET CAT! Yes!
The owners were looking for their cat for past three days and they didn't find out about the sad demise of their beloved until they noticed a foul smell coming from their backyard.
They saw their dead cat's body peeping out from the decomposed bloated body of the python. It was definitely a horrific sight.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.