This story now
IN Lifestyle ON 24 Nov, 2016
Which is the most consumed beverage in the world after water?
You know, it's COFFEE. It beats tea and also beer (sure some of you thought it was beer). But coffee is consumed in several billion tonnes each year, generating a revenue of $20 billion in export alone. We all atleast have a cup of coffee in a day inspite of all the so called 'ill effects' of it.
But what if I tell you that coffee also had some amazing benefits too. Not just health benefits but beneficial for your lifestyle and for your relationships. If consumed in a calculated amount, it can prove to be a real preventor of certain diseases.
We have listed out some very important benefits of coffee and also its various types.
It is said that coffee addiction is harmful. At the same time, coffee has a number of benefits to our health. It prevents some diseases. It does this in a number of ways :
1. Stimulating the CNS - Coffee has proven to be a CNS stimulant by various research. It instantly speeds up your nervous system firing your neurons. It inhibits various transmitters which depress the system. It also enhances memory.
2. Metabolic rate - Coffee contains 'caffeine' which increases the metabolic rate in turn burning fats.
3. Preventing serious ailments - Coffee has proven to prevent some serious diseases like Diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
4. Lowering the risk of Cancer - Coffee drinkers have 40% lower risks of liver cancer than the normal people.
5. Nutrients - Coffee contains some important nutrients like Vitamins (B2, B5, B3), Mangenese and Magnesium.
An eight ounce cup of coffee has only 2 calories and 0 grams of fat. Besides this it has several antioxidants which are beneficial to humans. Coffee also helps you live longer.
Researches say drinking coffee makes your skin glow and also tightens it. It is also said that coffee increases hair growth and enhances hair colour.
It's 3:00 am and you have the entire week's homework on your desk, ready to screw your life. What you need is just a cup of coffee (strong enough) to get you going through the night. Coffee is that companion which will get you through the tough times while completing the boring projects.
Discussing life over a cup of coffee with your special one is just one those experiences which are life changing. You don't even realize how close you get while sitting on that table sipping your coffee. Coffee is much more than just a beverage, it has the power of bringing two people close.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.