This story now
Not approved by
26 Surreal Things That Could Happen Only In Japan
The world sure is a
bizarre place. Well, technically it's not the world that's peculiar, but the creatures in it. With innumerable countries, all having their own societies, cultures, and ancestry, it's no wonder that all of them appear to be somewhat strange to us.
We are constantly amazed at the practices of people from other places. But
Japan has always been the most famous for its ludicrous customs.
Below mentioned ones are only the tip of the iceberg. Here you go.
1. 70% of Japan is mountains. And that includes 2 volcanoes as well.
2. The price of melons can go up to 300$.
3. The Japanese love coffee. So much so that Japan imports 85% of Jamaica's annual coffee production.
4. Japan's literacy rate is almost 100%. Now that's impressive.
5. They have special foot-wears for bathrooms.
6. Crooked teeth are adored there. People actually spend lots of money to have them.
7. Slurping with sound equals to complimenting the chef there.
8. KFC has become the official Christmas food.
9. They have their own albeit way for a gross version of wedgies.
10. Karaoke translates to 'Empty Orchestra' in Japanese.
11. Students need to clean the premises on their own. Janitors don't work in schools.
12. White teeth used to be considered ugly in ancient Japan.
13. People appreciate napping at work as it reflects your hard work.
14. Black faces are trendy without having any offensive implications.
15. Cheap themed hotels only for couples are called love hotels.
16. Adult adoption rate is very high as those adults keep the family names alive in cases of infertility.
17. 11 years are needed to become a professional fugu or poisonous blowfish chef.
18. There are restaurants that serve only canned food.
19. Hadaka Matsuri is a big naked festival.
20. After San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, a forest named Aokigahara near Mount Fuji is the world's most popular place for suicides.
21. Hikikomori is a condition, where people refuse to leave their rooms.
22. Special capsules are designed for quick and comfortable overnight stay.
23. World's costliest tuna (593 lb.) was auctioned for over $735, 000.
24. Japan has a complete island full of rabbits. Awww!
25. Employees aren't fired here. Instead, they are assigned boring work so that eventually they themselves quit.
26. The oldest company in the word, Kongō Gumi Co., Ltd. was founded in 578 AD in Japan.
Loved this? Spread it out then