This story now
IN Lifestyle ON 07 Sep, 2016
Handling any electronic device with wet hands can generally lead to electric shock. Electric flows through a portion of the body thus giving a shock to a person. Burns are the most common injury caused by electric shocks, but it may sometimes lead to major problems like cardiac arrest.
Well, if the electric shock has injured a person, here are possible the things you can do.
Recommended Story: 13 WTF Pictures That Will Totally Shock You
The danger of electric shock completely depends on the type of current and how high the voltage was.
Person's overall health also plays a major role as sometimes even a small amount of electricity can cause internal damages and injuries to a person.
Don't touch the affected person and stay away from the wires, unless the switch is turned off.
If the affected person is in contact with the wire or switch, separate the electric wire using a wooden stick or any non-conductors.
It is essential to call for emergency service in case of electric shock. The sooner you call them the sooner they can arrive for help.
If the person has any burns, remove clothes from that area and rinse the affected area with cold water.
If the person has fainted or is under shock, cover him with warm blanket or coat. This will allow the victim to cool down quickly.
Begin Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) if the person is suffering any problem while breathing.
...then avoid moving his head or neck.
...use a clean cloth and apply pressure until the bleeding stops.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.