This story now
IN Science & Technology ON 06 Sep, 2016
Recently, Samsung released its most innovative flagship smartphone in the market. Yes, it's Galaxy Note 7 which is also known as the best-designed smartphone. It is one of the most premium devices from Samsung. But today it is trending for a wrong reason and that is of the battery explosion cases. Sales have been halted all around the world. According to Samsung, they reportedly found only 35 Galaxy Note 7 devices with this issue amongst the 24 million units sold globally.
Let's know more about it.
Samsung elected to recall 150,000 Note 7 from the market. In front of 2000 employees, they destroyed them. The value of these devices was approx 5 billion. But can you imagine that Note 7 recall could cost $1 billion to Samsung.
Samsung stated that they are working on the product exchange program for all the defective Note7. Don't use Gear VR until you get your replacement. Contact Samsung directly if you have any queries.
Samsung SDI supplied 70% of the batteries fitted to over 2 million Galaxy Note 7 units. The other 30% of batteries have been provided by ATL (Chinese battery maker)
"For the global recall of 2.5 million units, Samsung SDI is expected to bear the expense for most of the battery parts" - Lee Seung-hyuck, an analyst at Korea Investment & Securities.
Must follow these Instructions:
1.) Don't charge and use the device & remove the charger when you feel the heat.
2.) Use only original chargers.
3.) Stop charging the device during the night or near the bed.
4.) Think again, where to charge and when to charge.
The chances are less but If you are worried about anything or you have even a single doubt, just stop using it and wait for the replacement. Stay safe!
JerryRigEverything is an awesome Tech YouTuber. Do you want to know more about specific reasons of explosions? Watch this video for it.
Samsung's MOP had been improving before the Galaxy Note 7 incident. But it is possible that Samsung's battery division will bear the cost of the recall. Now, You know the real reason. And Samsung is working hard to provide the better services to its consumers.
"We are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers' safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7." - Samsung
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.