Not approved by
This Absurd Painting Was Sold For $46.5 Million. PLEASE Tell Us Why?
What is art according to you? Something unusual or something which you yourself cannot do?
Well, to be a little more specific, I think art is different for the producers and viewers and the real artist is the one who can make his art understand and people are able to decode his language.
But I came across a painting which I myself failed to understand and was sold at a highly unexpected price, which was displayed at Sotheby's auction in New York.
"Untitled (Yellow and Blue)" by Mark Rothko- $ 46.5 million.
It measures 2.42 meters by 1.86 meters (about eight feet by 6.1 feet) and was made in 1954.
Have a look at some more.
1. "Green White" by Ellsworth Kelly- $1.6 million.
2. "Untitled (Stoffbild)" by Blinky Palermo- $1.7 million.
3. "Cowboy" by Ellsworth Kelly- $1.7 million.
4. "Riot" by Christopher Wool- $ 29.9 million.
5. "False Start" by Jasper Johns- $ 80 million.
6. "Royal Red and Blue" by Mark Rothko- $ 75.1 billion.
7. "Studie zu Improvisation 3" by Wassily Kandinksy- $ 21.2 million.
8. "Untitled VIII" by Willem de Kooning- $ 32.1 million.
9. "Femme Assise Près d'une Fenêtre" by Pablo Picasso- $ 44.9 million.
The name means- Woman Sitting Near A Window
10. "Green Blot" by Ellsworth Kelly- $ 1.6 million.
11. "Police Gazette" by Willem De Kooning- $ 63.5 million.
Which painting did you find the most over-rated?
Loved this? Spread it out then