This story now
Not approved by
29 Photos Telling The Beautiful Love Story Of Barack Obama And Michelle Obama
It was that fine year, 1989 when Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson went on a date to watch Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing. Their first date has just been made into a film called Southside with You, 27 years later. They are no doubt the most famous couple in the world .
Michelle was working in the Chicago offices of Law firm Sidley Austin as a marketing and intellectual property associate back then. It was the first time the couple met. She was assigned as an adviser to a summer intern in Harvard Law in 1989 and it was none other than Barack Obama. And rest is history, as people say. In homage to world's most famous couple, we bring you a beautiful collection of photographs that will take you back in time and leave you pondering.
1. Kenya 1992
Barack Obama and Fiancee, Michelle, in Kenya, 1992.
2. Lovebirds in a family snapshot from their wedding day, October 18, 1992.
3. They look so perfect together.
4. Barack and Michelle Obama at their home in Chicago on December 8,2004.
Getting ready to give the krynote adress at the Chicago Economic Club.
5. The perfect click.
clicked after Obama delivered his speech in Chicago, November 2, 2004. He is holding his daughter Malia, 6, and his wife holding their daughter, Sasha, 3, covered in confetti.
6. Oprah Winfrey campaigns with them during a rally at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, S.C., December 9, 2008.
Barack Obama and Michelle Obama embrace each other.
7. The cute couple sharing a private moment in a freight elevator at an Inaugural Ball in Washington, D.C., January 20, 2009.
8. Their hands rest on the railing of a boat during their tour of St. Andrews Bay in Panama City Beach, Fla., August 15, 2010.
9. While attending the U.S. Men's Olympic basketball team's game against Brazil at the Verzion Center at Washington.
10. She waits to greet her man upon his arrival at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York, N.Y.
11. Barack Obama and Michelle Obama ride in the inaugural parade in Washington, D.C., January 21, 2013.
12. They listen to the remarks of John Lewis commemorating the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday and Selma to Montgomery civil rights marches on March 7, 2015.
13. She adjusts the tie of Barack Obama as they prepare to welcome President XI Jinping of China...
...and Madame Peng Liyuan to a state dinner in their honor on the North Portico of the White House in Washington on September 25, 2015.
14. During a video taping for the 2015 World Expo in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House.
15. They wait in the Map Room of the White House....
...before welcoming President Felipe Calderon of Mexico and his wife, Mrs. Margarita Zavala, to the White House, May 19, 2010.
16. Oh my, they look so graceful.
A dance at the Governors Ball, 2009.
17. At the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's 44th Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner in Washington on September 27, 2014.
She sits backstage, watching him deliver remarks.
18. A pose for a 'Gimme Five' initiative photo in the East Room of the White House, during the annual Easter Egg Roll, April 2015.
19. They are joined by family pets Sunny and Bo, waiting to greet visitors in the Blue Room during the White House tour, November 5, 2013.
20. President and first lady Obama watch fireworks.
21. Waiting for the results of his senate bid on election night, 2004.
Barack and Michelle Obama, with their cute daughters Malia Sasha.
22. At an Inaugural ball in Washington, D.C., January 20, 2009.
President Obama and first lady Michelle ride in a golf cart.
23. The beautiful family, in a private study off the Oval Office, February 2, 2009.
He visits his daughters Malia and Sasha and kisses his wife.
24. At a campaign event in Dubuque, Iowa, 2012.
25. On the stage at the Democratic National Convention, 2004.
26. They bump fists at an election night rally at the Xcel Energy Center June 3, 2008.
27. He Whispers something to Michelle during a break between events at the 2011 UN, General Assembly.
28. They do know how to have fun together.
They make faces when the car carrying Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip arrives at Winfield House in London, in 2011.
29. They ride on his campaign bus in New Hampshire after a late night of campaigning in 2008.
Loved this? Spread it out then