Share this post

user icon

Live

People Reading

This story now

iPhone 6 Explodes In A Man's Pocket, Leaves Him With Third-Degree Burns!

I'm not an iPhone fan and within next 3 minutes, I know you will join my club of iPhone haters too.

This guy, Gareth Clear decided to go on cycling with his brand new iPhone in his back pocket on a bright sunny day without knowing what's gonna happen next will land him in a hospital. Suddenly he missed a pedal while cycling and lost his balance off the cycle which resulted in an explosion of iPhone in his back pocket, melting away his biking shorts and causing him third-degree burns.

He posted the images of his burns on Twitter to aware people about the potential danger of using such devices.

Read ahead to know more about this unfortunate incident.

Recommended Story: E-Cigarette Explodes In Man's Mouth And He Is In Coma Now

iPhone 6 Explodes In A Man's Pocket, Leaves Him With Third-Degree Burns!

iPhone 6 Explodes In A Man's Pocket, Leaves Him With Third-Degree Burns!

754 396
  in Technology

He said, "I just saw smoke coming out of my back pocket… and then all of a sudden I felt this surging pain."

He said, “I just saw smoke coming out of my back pocket… and then all of a sudden I felt this surging pain.”

"The phone was stuck to my leg having melted through both my shorts and my Skins."

“The phone was stuck to my leg having melted through both my shorts and my Skins.”

He even saw the "black discharge" all down his leg and there was a "smell of phosphorus."

He even saw the

"The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen," he said.

“The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen,” he said.

He wants to use this painful experience to raise awareness among people about the danger of iPhones.

This might have happened because of the lithium batteries used in iPhones are prone to the explosion on overheating.

This might have happened because of the lithium batteries used in iPhones are prone to the explosion on overheating.

According to Herald, Apple Australia is in direct contact with him now.

Let's hope this incident doesn't repeat.

Stay safe, stay aware!

Loved this? Spread it out then

comments Comment ()

Post as @guest useror
clear

clear
arrow_back

redo Pooja query_builder {{childComment.timeAgo}}

clear

clear
arrow_back

Be the first to comment on this story.

Report

close

Select you are Reporting

expand_more
  • +2351 Active user
Post as @guest useror

NSFW Content Ahead

To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.