Not approved by
8 Iconic Monuments That Were Built By Women For Their Loved Ones
The Taj Mahal in India is always remembered because it was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of her beloved wife, Mumtaz. Since the history of India was highly male dominant, there are a very few people who remember the work done by the Queens.
Have a look at the beautiful monuments built by the Queens for their loved ones.
10 Mesmerizing Places In India You Must Visit This Year
1. The Virupaksha Temple in Pattadakal, Karnataka was built by Queen Lokamahadevi in 740 AD as a mark of respect and celebration for her husband, King Vikramaditya II's victory over Pallavas.
2. Itmad-Ud-Daula situated in Agra, Uttar Pradesh on the banks of river Jamuna was built by Noor Jehan to pay tribute to her father, Mirza Ghiyas Beg.
3. Humayun's Tomb situated in Delhi was built by the wife of the second Mughal Emperor, Humayun.
4. Rani Ka Vav or Queen's Stepwell, situated in Patan, Gujarat was built by Udaymati for her husband King Bhimdev I in the 11th century.
5. Mirjan Fort situated in Kumta, Karnataka was established by Queen Chennabhairadevi of Gersoppa.
6. Lal Darwaza Masjid situated in Juanpur, Uttar Pradesh was built in 1447 by the Queen of Sultan Mahmood Sharqi, Rajye Bibi. She dedicated the monument to Saint Sayyid Ali Dawood Kutubbudin.
7. Mohinishwara Shivalay Temple, situated in the middle of Gulmarg, was built by Maharani Mohini Bai Sisodia in 1915.
8. Khayr al-Manazil Masjid, situated in Delhi was built by Maham Anga in 1561. She was a powerful wet nurse of Emperor Akbar.
Loved this? Spread it out then