This story now
IN OMG! ON 15 May, 2016
Swallowing foreign objects is generally reported in the kids less than 3 years of age. Sometimes children end up eating certain indigestible items such as coins or bones that require an immediate surgical procedure for successful removal.
But such cases are generally not reported in the mature people. Recently a 29-year-old guy swallowed his cellphone. He was immediately rushed to hospital after him vomiting for 4 hours.
Scroll down to know what happened next.
He ended up swallowing his cellphone and informed staff 6 hours later about his blunder.
He was immediately admitted and strictly kept on 'nil by mouth' orders.
But 8 hours later, phone moved into his stomach. Doctors were left with no option but to operate the patient as the phone hadn't reached into his bowel.
Unfortunately, they failed in removing the phone out of the patient's abdomen.
A large incision was made in the abdomen of patient and device measuring 6.8*2.3*1.1 cm was successfully retrieved from his abdomen.
Doctors mentioned in the International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, 'As the patient was a prisoner, the mobile phone had to be sent as a specimen for forensic examination.'
She used a plastic comb for pushing the tablets down her throat but unfortunately ended up swallowing the 20 cm comb. The surgery for removal of comb from woman's stomach lasted for 45 minutes.
Share this horrible incident with your friends and family.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.