This story now
IN Health & Fitness ON 21 Mar, 2016
In a tragic story, Cassandra Jackson, a woman from south carolina, took her son Johnny to a near by swimming pool. This was the first time he had ever gone for swimming and he even had a minor accident in the pool as he managed to come out by himself. But Later when they got back home, something turned out to be real bad which changed their life forever.
Read out further to know what happend with the boy at the pool.
None would have thought that his first swimming experience would tragically turn out to be his last. When Johnny got back home after his mom gave him a bath in the pool, he complained that he was tired and was feeling sleepy after the entire day out, which was obvious. So he went to take a nap.
later on, when Cassandra went to check on her son, she got scared to death. Johnny was covered with a white spongy material foaming out of his mouth. He turned pale and was rushed to a near by hospital, but was unfortunately declared dead.
The doctors found out "Dry Drowning" as the major cause of his death, in which lungs get blocked and there is no flow of oxygen. It occurs up to 72 hrs after taking a bath in the swimming pool.
It's important for every parent to keep a close look on their children's behaviour when in the pool and also after getting back. As the effect of swallowing water can show up till 24-72 hrs. The most common symptoms of dry drowning are excess fatigue, shortness of breath, irritability and mood swings in child's behaviour. DO TAKE CARE .
later, Cassandra Jackson came forward to create awareness among people about what happened to her son, so that others could prevent themselves from such incidences.
Share and comment.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.