This story now
IN People ON 04 Feb, 2016
Newborns are undoubtedly the cutest little things ever, but one has to remember that these little lumps of cuteness are also extremely fragile. If not taken care with all-round alertness, babies might end up finding themselves in places that can prove fatal. Something similar could have happened to Scott Walker's baby girl had it not been for timely action.
Now, he's sharing his baby's story to warn every one of the unforeseen dangers that a baby might face. Check it out.
Molly is Scott and Jessica Walker's second daughter.
She also has a 3-year-old elder sister, Mya.
The family had recently gone out for lunch when Molly became very upset. The parents tried out everything there was to calm her down, but nothing seemed to work, and Scott and Jessica began to sense that something was off.
The mother noticed that Molly seemed to be overheating, and so took off her sock. That's when she noticed something wrong with her toe.
A strand of hair had wrapped around her toe so tightly that it had pierced her skin. Doctors call this phenomenon "toe-tourniquet syndrome" or a "hair tourniquet."
It is a very common and extremely dangerous situation, which, if not looked into in time, can lead to the loss of the toe.
Molly's mom quickly removed the hair from her toe using a magnifying glass and tweezers. Luckily, Molly escaped serious complications, although the situation could have easily been much worse.
Scott knows that this situation is very common, and realizes how dangerous it can be. That's why he's doing the commendable job of sharing the story, so other new parents can remain wary of it too.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.