This story now
IN People ON 28 Jan, 2016
What is an allergic reaction? Basically, people experience an allergic reaction whenever the body thinks that an invader is on loose. Once this foreign substance is detected by the body, the immune system gets into action to protect individuals from possibly harmful substances. These invaders, which are also called antigens, could be in the form of bacteria and toxins.
Now, while an allergic reaction does not always occur, even babies could suffer from it. Thus, it is important that parents know the health conditions of their babies so that no life-threatening issues will be faced in the future.
As such, this is an important story that shows just how deadly even seemingly normal products could be to a baby.
Finley Kirwan is an adorable, 15-month-old baby who was recently sent to the hospital because of a horrible allergic reaction toward ibuprofen.
Finley Kirwan was finding it difficult to swallow food and breathe properly. Moreover, Finley's temperature was high, which made his parents deeply concerned.
The innocent child had a really red rash that led to blisters. Eventually, the red color turned to black, which was made the issue more alarming than before.
The doctors who took care of Finley think that the cause of his rashes was Calprofen, which is the liquid, syrup version of ibuprofen. Finley apparently consumed some of Calprofen to help get rid of a cough.
The doctors said that Finley has developed Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. It is an incredibly rare and deadly skin condition that is characterized as a reaction to infections or medications. Because of SJS, the skin cells immediately perish before the shedding process.
The organs of Finley started to fail, which made his parents worry a lot. But Danielle Hart and Dan Kirwan became relieved when it was told that Finely can finally go back home after three weeks at the hospital.
Danielle Hart began to share the story of Finley with the hope of helping other families in observing any symptoms of SJS. If your baby has a rash, be sure to get medical and professional help immediately. And share this post to inform other parents.