This story now
IN Lifestyle ON 10 Jan, 2016
The British Medical Journal (BMJ), in 2015, published the following strange medical conditions that caused people to be admitted to a hospital. Some examples are too graphical, but it's true. Now, for those who love this kind of news, enjoy the moment. For those who are not used to these kinds of things, it's up to you to continue or not.
Open on your cue. View at your own risk.
A 4-year old male experienced body pain, 3 months of on-off fever, as well as Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) without inflammation of tissue layer found in the abdomen, only to find out in a CT scan that two pins entered his body, stuck in his right kidney. Pins were removed through laparotomy.
Simply called as hairballs, this entity was found accumulated in a child's intestinal tract. It weighted 125 g upon retrieval.
Patient experienced convulsion while asleep. The false teeth fell on the floor but the patient was not aware that a certain portion fell in its esophagus.
It was located 8 days after ingestion. False teeth was retrieved through rigid oesophagoscopy and flexible endoscopy.
50-year-old woman ingested some amount of deadly nightshade plant to combat her insomnia. Medically, this herbal medicine is used to reduce muscle spasm, and nervous pain, among others. Apparently, the overdose caused her to experience feeling of a person who is alcohol-intoxicated, and some series of 'giggling'.
A30-year-old man committed fracture in the femoral shaft by being too serious with his yoga moves. While doing the position that required flexing the hip and knee towards the inguinal crease--ligaments coming from the hips portion. As a solution, a long steel was attached to his femur.
Extreme Iron-deficiency anemia was triggered by louse parasites. It occurred to a young woman.
What happened? Actually, its just a condition wherein eye's orbit became swollen.
In the case of the 32-year-old lady, her orbit turned larger as she blew her nose.
Ouch! Apparently, this really happened for some unexpected reason. While admitted, the patient received "intravenous amoxicillin-clavulanic acid prophylactically" medication.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.