This story now
IN OMG! ON 21 Nov, 2015
It was 21st September 1988, when Traf, Jordan and Chandra the monozygotic triples encountered a vital stroke of fate. You will be astound to know that the three little Texans could not have known, what was going to happen to them while they were still babies.
The three little girls were just 17 months old, when they lost their house to fire in the night. And the worst of all was, they also lost their mother Patti's life to the glazing flames.
While the triplet was still sleeping in the cribs, their father broke into a window to reach the little girls in order to save them. The firemen had not yet reached and the flames stroked out around him.
The babies were rushed to the hospital in an ambulance to emergency. They were going through 30-45% burns on their body, due to which they had been kept into ICU under observation. Doctors were worried about the lives of these little angels.
Although they were into severe pain due to the fire burn and were also facing the physical pain of losing their mother, they still had each other. This was absolutely necessary because they were about to face another tragedy in their lives.
The triplet lost their father in 2002, who saved those little girls from the burning house. He lost his life to drug overdose. The girls had to move in with their grandmother as they were completely orphaned.
They had to undergo dozens of operations to heal their skin, as their skin was completely disfigured from the fire.
As the girls started growing up, they had to face difficulties going to the school or showing themselves into public places, because they always looked different due to the burn marks. For the same reason, they always wore long-sleeved tops, and applied lot of make-up to escape the unnecessary stares and insults.
They always felt ashamed of how they looked, because they were often bullied or stared due to their scars.
But giving up was not what they had learnt. They always searched for treatments and one day, one of the three sisters, Chandra heard of Dr. Jill Waibel, who specialized in acne-scars and burn scars both.
The girls had such bad burns that Dr. Waibel conducted the procedures for free. It was so amazing; especially for Jordan it was a gift because she intended on marrying soon. She was overwhelmed after she tried on a dress after treatment. She said, "this is the kind of dress that I could never have worn, if I had grown up and still had my scars"
They feel more confident now, and have decided to empower other burn-victims, as they feel a lot of other people would also benefit from these procedures.
After seeing their results, actually 50,000 people with burn scars took this treatment with fantastic success since 2009.
Their amazing and beautiful faces gave courage to a lot of people, and many of them have got inspired to leave their houses and go into the outside world. Please share this inspiring story with as many as you can. You never know, because of your little efforts, someone can actually get inspired by reading this success story.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.