This story now
IN Weird ON 12 Nov, 2015
A book titled "Elektroschutz in 132 Bildern" was published in Germany in 1931. The book had vintage illustrations depicting situations that could electrocute a person and perhaps kill the individual. The classic drawings might seem weird now, but back then, appliances had just started becoming commonplace in homes, and this book hoped to save people from being too curious that they could accidentally hurt or even kill themselves.
Never ever put water in an electric water heater while it's still plugged into an electric socket.
This doesn't kill or severely hurt you actually. However, this one notes that one shouldn't touch the lower end of two lamps all at once.
If you don't want your baby to get hurt badly, don't let the young one play or suck an electrical cable or plug as if they were pacifiers.
This probably won't happen to you, but just in case, don't go on handling a metallic pitchfork and then hit a phone pole while it's raining.
Kids, please don't go up to the roof just to pick your kite along with electrical wires just because Benjamin Franklin did so!
Perhaps this could still happen in rural areas, but please, when you're milking a cow, make sure that the cow's tail isn't resting on a lamp post.
For dog lovers, make sure to stop your canine friends from urinating on toppled wires and any live electrical wires.
If you're late for work, that still isn't a sufficient reason to use your hairdryer while you're still a bit wet or near a water-filled area.
To access this content, confirm your age by signing up.